Recipe by Chef mariajane
This superb dish features a sweet-and-sour chutney made wirh mangos, jalapeno, ginger, ground cumin and fresh mint leaves. It works perfectly with roasted salmon served warm or cold as part of a salad plate.
Top Review by GrandmaFrety
I was a little skeptical to try this because it hadn't been reviewed, but the ingredients sounded amazing. It was so yummy. My husband loved it, loved it, loved it, and then begged me to add it to our regular rotation. It was simple and easy, with superb results. I served with steamed broccoli and coconut rice (Mark Bittman). I used one mango, one jalapeno and the rest of the ingredients as listed. I'm so glad I tried it.
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 0.5 (300 g) bag Europe's Best Sunburst Mangoes, defrosted, cut into smaller pieces
- 2 teaspoons fresh jalapeno peppers, chopped or 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 4 salmon fillets, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 2-3 minutes, or just until softened. Add mango, pepper, lime juice, sugar, cumin and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until moisture has evaporated. Remove from heat, transfer to serving dish. Garnish with mint, Let stand while salmon cooks.
- For the salmon, arrange salmon on a parchment-lined baking sheet. In a small dish, combine oil, juice, salt and pepper. Brush onto all sides of salmon,.
- Roast salmon in a preheated oven , 400F, for 8-10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve Salmon with chutney.
- MAKE AHEAD: Chutney can be prepared, covered and refrigerated, one day ahead. Reheat or serve cold.