Chef mariajane's Note:
This superb dish features a sweet-and-sour chutney made wirh mangos, jalapeno, ginger, ground cumin and fresh mint leaves. It works perfectly with roasted salmon served warm or cold as part of a salad plate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 0.5 (300 g) bag Europe's Best Sunburst Mangoes, defrosted, cut into smaller pieces
- 2 teaspoons fresh jalapeno peppers, chopped or 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 2-3 minutes, or just until softened. Add mango, pepper, lime juice, sugar, cumin and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until moisture has evaporated. Remove from heat, transfer to serving dish. Garnish with mint, Let stand while salmon cooks.
- 2For the salmon, arrange salmon on a parchment-lined baking sheet. In a small dish, combine oil, juice, salt and pepper. Brush onto all sides of salmon,.
- 3Roast salmon in a preheated oven , 400F, for 8-10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve Salmon with chutney.
- 4MAKE AHEAD: Chutney can be prepared, covered and refrigerated, one day ahead. Reheat or serve cold.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Salmon With Mango Lime Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.7
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 165.3 mg
- Sodium 797.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 63.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Europe's Best Sunburst Mangoes