Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Finding more ways and healthier ways to prepare salmon. Lentils are packed with protein and will make for a healthy and filling meal.
- 3⁄4 cup lentils
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- coarse salt and pepper
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- nonstick cooking spray
- Heat broiler.
- Combine lentils and 2 1/2 cups water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, covered, 5 minutes Add onion and celery; cover, and continue cooking until lentils and vegetables are just tender, 15 to 25 minutes more. Drain, reserving cooking liquid. Transfer lentils and vegetables to a medium bowl.
- In a bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons reserved cooking liquid with vinegar, oil, mustard, garlic, and parsley; season with salt and pepper. Toss half the dressing with the lentil mixture.
- Meanwhile, season salmon with salt and pepper. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange salmon on sheet; broil until opaque throughout, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Spoon lentils onto plates; top with salmon, flaking it into large pieces, if desired. Drizzle with remaining dressing.