As I watched Food Network's Ina Garten make Salmon Nicoise, I was inspired to use the technique of smoothing a thick marinade over salmon filets before roasting. Her marinade is olive oil-based, whereas mine is butter-based and resembles herb butter. My husband was returning from a business trip, so I wanted to surprise him with an elegant dinner. I served this dish alongside lemon-roasted asparagus and roasted garlic smashed potatoes. Needless to say, he was very pleased. Hope you enjoy as well!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 tablespoon thyme, fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, fresh, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 4 lemon slices, halved (optional for garnish)
- 4 sprigs rosemary, fresh (optional for garnish)
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2In a small mixing bowl, combine butter, thyme, rosemary, garlic, pepper, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- 3Arrange salmon filets skin-side-down in a baking pan.
- 4Gently spread butter mixture evenly over filets. If desired, garnish by arranging lemon slices (two per filet) atop filets and top each filet with sprig of rosemary. Marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- 5Roast for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when fork-tested.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Salmon With Lemon-Garlic Herb Butter
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.6
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 195.8 mg
- Sodium 295.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 63.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: