1/3 Photos of Roasted Salmon With Chile Minted Cucumbers
Susie D's Note:
This is from Recipe 911 and a Tyler Florence recipe. The topic was speedy dinners for 1. The salmon is pan seared and then roasted in the oven and served over a spicy cucumber salad. Increase the oven time to increase doneness.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the cucumber, chile, and mint in a mixing bowl. Pour in the vinegar, sprinkle with the sugar, salt, and pepper. Toss everything together so the cucumbers are well coated in the vinegar, the cucumbers will soften and the flavors deepen as it sits. Set aside.
- 2Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 3Season both sides of the salmon with a fair amount of salt and pepper. Sprinkle the top of the salmon with the sesame seeds.
- 4Place a cast iron or regular ovenproof skillet on the stove over medium heat. Coat the pan with the oil and when it is nice and hot, lay the salmon in the pan, sesame seed-side down. Sear the salmon for 3 minutes, one side only.
- 5Remove it from the stovetop and place in the oven. Roast for 10 minutes until it's just cooked through. This results in a medium cooked filet. (Increase the oven time to increase doneness.) Serve the salmon on a pile of the chile minted cucumbers.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Salmon With Chile Minted Cucumbers
Serving Size: 1 (587 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 560.3
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 37.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 87.5 mg
- Sodium 124.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 37.7 g