- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced to measure 4 cups
- 6 ounces figs, stemmed and halved
- 1⁄2 cup red wine or 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth or 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 -1 1⁄3 lb salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 4 portions
- chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Swirl olive oil in bottom of medium nonstick skillet.
- Add onions and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook, stirring often, until onions are golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in figs, wine, broth, vinegar and fresh rosemary.
- Increase heat to high and simmer until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place on lightly oiled heavy baking sheet.
- Roast for 7 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes.
- Sprinkle salmon with parsley.
- Serve over fig sauce.
- This recipe can be doubled or tripled.