1/2 Photos of Roasted Salmon With Caramelized Onions and Figs
I love salmon and also love collecting salmon recipes. This one is from Kosher Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced to measure 4 cups
- 6 ounces figs, stemmed and halved
- 1/2 cup red wine or 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 -1 1/3 lb salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 4 portions
- chopped parsley
- 1Swirl olive oil in bottom of medium nonstick skillet.
- 2Add onions and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 3Cover and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft, about 10 minutes.
- 4Remove cover and cook, stirring often, until onions are golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 5Stir in figs, wine, broth, vinegar and fresh rosemary.
- 6Increase heat to high and simmer until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- 7Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Keep warm.
- 9Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 10Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper to taste.
- 11Place on lightly oiled heavy baking sheet.
- 12Roast for 7 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes.
- 13Sprinkle salmon with parsley.
- 14Serve over fig sauce.
- 15This recipe can be doubled or tripled.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Salmon With Caramelized Onions and Figs
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.8
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 52.3 mg
- Sodium 185.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 25.5 g