Salmon fillets marinated in Irish whiskey and honey!! The cooked fillets will have a glazed look and a superb taste and texture. Irish whiskey has a slightly peppery taste. I have not tried this yet, will update later. Source: Food & Drink magazine Chef Lucy Waverman
- Mix together honey, vinegar, whiskey, thyme, lemon zest, oil, salt and pepper. Pour over salmon and marinate 1 hour on the counter, or 4 hours refrigerated.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Remove salmon from marinade and place on a rack over a roasting pan.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, basting once with the marinade or until golden and white juices are just beginning to appear.
- Place on 4 plates and serve.
Oh, Elly! This is delicious! I worried that the whiskey was going to overpower everything else, and often honey or lemon zest will turn off DH or DS. Not this time! Every flavor had a part in the harmony of this dish. The last salmon recipe we made was such a disappointment that I almost didn't try this one, but the Irish whiskey kept calling to me. Two years ago I lost my Irish father & mom sent me & DH home with a bottle of his Irish whiskey. We hadn't used it yet & I never thought I'd actually find a recipe that called for it, so I knew I had to do this one. The whole family raved over this salmon & I can't believe how easy it was! We'll definitely make it again! Made in honor of your dear DH, Jim.