Recipe by graffeetee
Everything cooks together here - the salmon, together with the sides of asparagus and new potatoes. Makes for a simple but tasty dinner. Especially nice for spring, when asparagus is abundant. You can sub lemon pepper for the lemon zest if you like. Just cut backon the regular pepper.
- 1 lb tiny new potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 salmon steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Put the potato pieces in a large baking dish, such as a 9x13 or other ovenproof casserole.
- Toss the potatoes with the evoo.
- Roast the potatoes for 20-25 minutes, turning halfway through, until browned.
- Remove dish from oven.
- Toss asparagus with dill and half the lemon and garlic.
- Add to potatoes and toss to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss again.
- Season the salmon with the rest of the lemon and garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Clear a space in the center of the dish and add the salmon steaks.
- Return the dish to the oven and roast for 12 - 15 minutes, or until fish is cooked to your liking.