Recipe by Bev
With all the rhubarb lovers here I decided to post this recipe from Williams-Sonoma. If you prefer a thinner sauce, add a splash of white wine.
- 1 lb rhubarb, cut into 1/4 inch pieces (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of, to taste
- 6 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, about 1 inch thick, pin bones removed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees, or its highest temperature.
- In a small saucepan, combine rhubarb and sugar.
- Cover and cook over low heat until rhubarb is falling apart, about 20 minutes, adding water if necessary.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- The sauce should be the consistency of applesauce.
- Arrange salmon filets, skin side down, on a foil or parchment-lined baking pan.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bake until almost opaque throughout, about 17-20 minutes.
- Spoon rhubarb onto center of warmed plates.
- Lift fillets from pan, leaving skin behind if desired.
- Place fillets on rhubarb.