Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great veggie side dish to roast in the oven or in a foil pan on the grill. I like to prepare it for roasting a couple of hours ahead to let the flavors blend.
- 1 large eggplant, sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced (about 5-6 cups or use a combo of yellow squash and green zucchini)
- 118.29 ml thinly sliced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 3.69 ml kosher salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 5 sprig fresh rosemary
- Place sliced eggplant, zucchini and onions in a large bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients and toss to coat well. Pour into a baking dish or foil pan and bake at 450°F for about 25-30 minutes or until desired tenderness. Or place foil pan on grill and grill for approximately 20-25 minutes or until desired tenderness.
Wonderful!! I made this to serve along side spaghetti and meat balls- everyone loved it! To avoide uneven distribution of the herbs and vinegar- i turned the veggies half way through baking. Turned out great and was super sinple to put together!
Thanks for the recipe! I made it without the sugar and it was scrumptious.
This is the first time I tried the combination of zucchini and rosemary and I really enjoyed it. I cheated a bit and used all zucchini when I made this as a side dish last night to my rosemary lamb chops. I ended up with a HUGE zucchini from my garden, which fulfilled the proportions for both the zuchhini and eggplant called for in this recipe. I followed all other ingredients and directions as posted. The dish had very nice flavor and came together really quickly. I will definitely make this again with all zucchini and may even try it with the eggplant as the recipe originally calls for. Thanks, Parsley!