Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great to serve with pork chops or roasted pork loin.
- 12 fresh figs, stems removed
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary (six inches long)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- preheat oven to 400 degrees. Skewer 3 whole figs onto each sprig of rosemary.
- in a small bowl combine maple syrup, vinegar, and mustard.
- place skewers into an oiled baking dish and roast for 30 min.
- spoon maple syrup mixture over figs and continue roasting for 15 min basting occasionally.
This unusual accompaniment was a hit at my dinner party. The flavors blended together perfectly...not too sweet and not too savory. Unfortunately I couldn't get whole stalks of rosemary, and didn't want to pass up making this, so I just sprinkled crushed rosemary into the mix and baked as directed. We missed out on the spectacular presentation, but not on the taste. These figs were served with some delicious red wine braised lamb shanks, mashed potatoes and garlic green beans. The figs made the menu special.