Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This Italian favorite pairs up especially well with the recipes I posted for Mediterranean Roasted Green Beans with Slivered Amonds Mediterranean Roasted Green Beans with Slivered Almonds and/or Roasted Asparagus Roasted Asparagus with Mushrooms. From The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen.
- 2 lbs red potatoes, left whole if small,halved or quartered if large
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- salt, preferably the coarse variety
- fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place the potatoes and garlic in a shallow baking dish large enough to hold them in a single layer.
- Drizzle with the oil and toss well to evenly coat.
- Sprinkle with the rosemary, salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Toss again.
- Roast, uncovered, for 40-50 minutes, depending on size, turning halfway through cooking time, or until the potatoes are nicely browned and tender through the center.
- Serve hot.
- Serves 6.
Quick prep time, easy, and tasty make for the 5 stars. With two boys I need all of the potato recipes I can find (bottomless pits) and this one has plenty of flavor without adding butter so the wife and I like these to.
this is a family favorite that i have been making for years, but your recipe includes garlic, which was a really nice addition. i love the rosemary on the roasted new potatoes and i use kosher salt and black pepper. i roasted for 20 mins at 450, turned and cooked 20 minutes more. i used fresh ground sea salt and pepper blend to season when i removed them from the oven, wonderfulside here!
Just exactly what I was looking for. Followed the proportions for everything. I sliced my potatoes and minced up my garlic. Force of habit I guess.