Recipe by Suzin
This is a fantastic side dish for a Thanksgiving Turkey, and one of my favorite ways to prepare vegetables for the holidays.
Top Review by Shazzie
Sauce had a pleasant flavour, just a tad too sweet for us and also had far too much sauce to veg ratio, so veg came out more 'stewed' than roasted. Maybe a fault with my oven, but also took far longer to cook than stated.
- 10 ounces white pearl onions, peeled
- 3 parsnips
- 3 carrots
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 turnip
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup butter, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onions in a large pot of boiling, salted water for 2 minutes.
- peel root vegetables, and chop into large pieces. leave base end intact for rustic presentation. place in glass baking dish
- preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- combine sugar, vinegar and mustard in bowl for glaze.
- transfer onions to glass baking dish, with root vegetables. add glaze, butter, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and 1/2 cup water. toss to coat. cover with foil. roast for 25 mins or till soft, for crisper vegetables remove foil at end of cooking. check seasonings and serve. serves 4.