Recipe by Baby Kato
The root vegetables are wonderful this way. The mustard oil packs a real whollop. Mustard oil is very strong smelling and extremely hot. "USE SPARINGLY". Once opened, the oil may be refrigerated for up to 6 months.
Top Review by Debbwl
As a fan of roasted veggies found the addition of a mustard coating a truly tasty and wonderful change of pace, these made a fantastic side the smoked ham they were served with. Sorry for no photo it was so dark and late we just ate, thanks so much for the post.
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard, coarse
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mustard oil (optional)
- 6 sprigs thyme, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 2 carrots, sliced 1-inch lengths
- 4 parsnips, sliced 1-inch lengths
- 4 medium potatoes, 1-inch cubes, yukon gold
- 1 large sweet potato, 1-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet onion, 1/2-inch wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine mustard, olive oil, mustard oil, thyme, paprika, cayenne pepper, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper together in large bowl.
- Whisk and add carrots, parsnips, potatoes, sweet potato and onions to bowl.
- Let stand 10 minutes and spread in one layer in large baking dish.
- Roast in 375°F oven for 45- 50 minutes, gently turn vegetables every 15 minutes.
- Try not to break vegetables when turning.