1 hr 15 mins
Recipe from Bonterra Winery in Northern California. They recommend this as a side dish during the holidays served with duck, turkey, pork, chicken or lamb. I am thinking this may need more "spice", so have fun with it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups apple juice
- 1 cup riesling wine (Gewurztraminer will work as well)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb turnip, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 lb parsnip, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 lb yam, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 lb rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Reduce apple juice and wine over high heat to 3/4 cup or so.
- 2Whisk in butter and pour over vegetables, tossing to.
- 4Season with salt and pepper and place vegetables in a single layer in a large roasting pan(s).
- 5Place in a.
- 6preheated 425 degree oven and roast for 35-40 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned and tender.
- 7Stir vegetables several times during the roasting process to promote browning on all sides.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Root Vegetables Scented With Apple and Wine
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.9
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 141.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 20.1 g
- Protein 3.4 g