Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe from Bonterra Winery in Northern California. They recommend this as a side dish during the holidays served with duck, turkey, pork, chicken or lamb. I am thinking this may need more "spice", so have fun with it.
- 3 cups apple juice
- 1 cup riesling wine (Gewurztraminer will work as well)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb turnip, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 lb parsnip, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 lb yam, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 lb rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Reduce apple juice and wine over high heat to 3/4 cup or so.
- Whisk in butter and pour over vegetables, tossing to.
- Season with salt and pepper and place vegetables in a single layer in a large roasting pan(s).
- Place in a.
- preheated 425 degree oven and roast for 35-40 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned and tender.
- Stir vegetables several times during the roasting process to promote browning on all sides.