Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Be adventurous! Add other roast able such as celery, fennel or even Brussels sprouts! This is the combination that I love!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon thyme, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb small red potato, skinned, cut in half
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 8 ounces carrots, pealed cut into 1 inch rounds
- 8 ounces turnips, peeled, cut into bite size cubes
- Preheat to 425°F
- Combine the oil and garlic in a large roasting pan and place in the oven for 2 minutes until the garlic starts to sizzle. Remove the pan from the oven and stir in the thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add the potatoes, onion, carrots, and turnips, toss until well coated. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Increase oven temp to 450°F, and bake, uncovered for 30 minutes until the veggies are lightly browned and can easily be pierced with a fork.
Nice, but not different from a lot of other roasted root vegetables. Kind of plain.