- 1⁄2 cup white wine (4 ounces)
- 1 ounce fresh rosemary or 1 ounce fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (4 ounces)
- 1⁄8 cup lemon juice (1 ounce)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups water (10 ounces)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh oregano, crushed or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh basil or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 artichokes, stems cut to 1 . 5-inches
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine all ingredients except for the artichokes in an ovenproof casserole dish.
- Cut artichokes in half lengthwise, rinse, and place in a single layer in casserole dish.
- Bake covered in preheated oven until tender (about 40 minutes).
- Remove artichokes from liquid; allow to cool slightly.
- Cut into quarters, and serve.