Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Yummy appetizer or side dish.
Make and share this Roasted Roman Style Artichokes (Carciofi Alla Romana) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (4 ounces)
- 1 ounce fresh rosemary or 1 ounce fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (4 ounces)
- 1⁄8 cup lemon juice (1 ounce)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups water (10 ounces)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh oregano, crushed or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh basil or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 artichokes, stems cut to 1 . 5-inches
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine all ingredients except for the artichokes in an ovenproof casserole dish.
- Cut artichokes in half lengthwise, rinse, and place in a single layer in casserole dish.
- Bake covered in preheated oven until tender (about 40 minutes).
- Remove artichokes from liquid; allow to cool slightly.
- Cut into quarters, and serve.