Recipe by Lakerdog2
Haven't tried yet, sounds heavenly though! The herb ingredients are not exact. Just use how ever much you like. I LOVE basil, so I'm sure I'll be using a lot of it : ) NOTE: Recipe was given to me by a friend. I had no idea where she got it, nor any idea who Pioneer Woman is. However, as pointed out, it seems credit should go to her. So, thanks Pioneer Woman whoever you are! : ) I had a chance to make them the other night, and they are just as good as I thought they would be! I have also had a chance to google Pioneer Woman and check out her site. I have now posted many of her recipes - they are excellent!
Top Review by DairyQueen
This recipe was taken from the Pioneer Woman site and is almost exact with the exception of using bread crumbs instead of Ritz Cracker crumbs. Please give credit where it is due.
- 12 roma tomatoes
- 24 tablespoons ricotta cheese (1 tbsp for each tomato half)
- fresh flat leaf parsley, to taste
- fresh basil, to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs or 1⁄2 cup cracker crumb
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tomatoes in half, scoop out centers and discard.
- Chop parsley and basil.
- Mix ricotta, salt pepper, garlic, salt and pepper in bowl.
- Fill each tomato half with roughly 1 tbsp of ricotta mixture.
- Top each half with a little breadcrumbs.
- Drizzle (or spray) with olive oil.
- Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.