Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Absolutely the easiest way to prepare rhubarb. From Simply in Season.
- 4 cups fresh rhubarb, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice or 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger or 2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1 teaspoon orange peel or 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- Combine all the ingredients in a baking pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven at 450F until rhubarb is soft but still retains its shape (about 25 minutes).
- Stir, cool slightly, and serve with ice cream or yogurt.
This is very good. I don't like ginger so I didn't put it in, but it's really really delicious. A word of caution, though, don't do this on a cookie sheet. I did and I'll be spending all afternoon cleaning the bottom of my oven.
I used orange juice and lemon peel. I omitted the ginger. It's very good. It gives a yummy rhubarb compote to put on ice cream or cake. It was yummy on vanilla ice cream. Thanks Dreamer :) Made for 123 hit wonders