Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious side dish from Rozanne Gold, one of my favorite cookbook authors. Roasted yellow bell pepper puree floats a whole roasted red bell pepper-gorgeous! You can make this at least 24 hours in advance if desired. If you like, serve it with your favorite vinegar on the side.
- 2 large red sweet bell peppers
- 1 large yellow sweet bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or 2 tablespoons garlic oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- sea salt
- Keep the peppers whole and roast over an open flame or under a broiler; steam inside a paper bag and peel; see any of the roasted red bell pepper recipes posted on this site for more detailed instructions if needed.
- Core all the peppers, but keep the red ones whole, removing the seeds from the center; set aside.
- Roughly chop the yellow peppers after removing the seeds; puree in a blender with the oil until smooth and emulsified; season with kosher salt and pepper.
- The peppers and puree can be chilled at least 24 hours or serve immediately; spoon the puree onto a serving plate and place a red pepper in the center; sprinkle with sea salt.