Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you love garlic this one's for you. I love it on roasted red peppers with some french bread. This comes from The Complete Guide to Nutritional Health.
- 6 red peppers
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, approximately
- To roast peppers:.
- Place peppers on a baking sheet and broil, turning, until skin is charred. Remove from oven and either place in a paper bag, or in a bowl covered with plastic wrap. After 10 minutes, peel peppers, seed, and cut into quarters.
- Whisk together vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. Begin adding oil very slowly while continuing to whisk so dressing can emulsify.
- Add more oil, still a little at a time, until desired taste is acquired.
- Serve over roasted red peppers.