Recipe by JackieOhNo!
From Good Food Magazine March 1988. Makes a nice first course, along with some crusty Italian bread, for your lasagne dinner.
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained, patted dry
- 4 ounces brined-cured olives (black and or green, such as Calamata, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh oregano or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coarsley ground pepper (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange peppers in single layer on serving platter. Sprinkle olives and capers over peppers.
- Combine oil and garlic and drizzle over top. Sprinkle with oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate at room temperature 1 hour or in refrigerator 2 hours.
- Serve at room temperature with crusty bread.