Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Use ground beef if you don't have any lamb!
Make and share this Roasted Red Peppers With Lamb, Eggplant and Chili Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 small red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 piece gingerroot, freshly grated (1 inch long)
- 10 ounces ground lamb
- 1⁄2 eggplant, chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons shaoxing rice wine or 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- Cut the tops off each pepper, keeping stems intact; spoon out the seeds from the bases. Set pepeprs and lids aside.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add the peanut oil; heat until oil just begins to smoke. Add the garlic and ginger. Add the lamb; stir-fry until slightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add the eggplant; stir-fry until it begins to soften, about 1 minute. Add the rice wine, chili sauce, soy sauce, salt and pepper, stir-fry about 45 seconds.
- Spoon the mixture equally into the red peppers; return the tops to the peppers, making sure they are snugly in place. Transfer to a baking sheet; bake until softened and slightly browned, about 25 minutes. Transfer to a plate. DRizzle with olive oil; garnish with olives.