Recipe by PanNan
This recipe is adapted from Perfect Greek a collection of 100 essential recipes.
Top Review by CaliforniaJan
Well, I love ZWT because I get to try new foods, and I'd never tasted Halloumi. It is so great! I loved it with the pine nuts and peppers. Thanks for posting this recipe, we'll make it again.
- 6 small red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 9 ounces halloumi cheese or 9 ounces provolone cheese or 9 ounces feta cheese, sliced thinly
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise and remove the cores and seeds. Rub the skins of the bell peppers with 1 tbsp olive oil and arrange the peppers skin side down on a greased baking sheet.
- In this order, scatter half the garlic into the bell peppers, add the cheese, mint leaves, lemon zest, remaining garlic, thyme, pine nuts, and pepper. Drizzle the remaining oil and the lemon juice over the peppers.
- Roast the peppers in a preheated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes, until tender and beginning to char around the edges.
- Serve warm.