Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is adapted from Perfect Greek a collection of 100 essential recipes.
- 6 small red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 9 ounces halloumi cheese or 9 ounces provolone cheese or 9 ounces feta cheese, sliced thinly
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise and remove the cores and seeds. Rub the skins of the bell peppers with 1 tbsp olive oil and arrange the peppers skin side down on a greased baking sheet.
- In this order, scatter half the garlic into the bell peppers, add the cheese, mint leaves, lemon zest, remaining garlic, thyme, pine nuts, and pepper. Drizzle the remaining oil and the lemon juice over the peppers.
- Roast the peppers in a preheated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes, until tender and beginning to char around the edges.
- Serve warm.
Well, I love ZWT because I get to try new foods, and I'd never tasted Halloumi. It is so great! I loved it with the pine nuts and peppers. Thanks for posting this recipe, we'll make it again.
Excellent! I used basil instead of mint and crumbled feta. Next time I will try this recipe as a party appetizer with mini bells. Thank you PanNan!
We like halloumi and peppers but the garlic was too overpowering and didn't really taste anything but raw garlic. Made for ZWT 6.