Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve this delicious recipe with toasted French bread or toasted pita wafers. I can't remember where I found this recipe. Perhaps it was on a vegetarian site. Let chill for 2 to 3 hours, before serving.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed & drained
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 (6 ounce) jars roasted red peppers, drained
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in food processor.
- Process until mixture is fairly smooth, adding oil as needed for desired consistency.
- Place in serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap and chill for 2-3 hours.
- Then serve with Italian, French crispy bread and/or toasted cocktail rye or toasted pita wedges.