1/1 Photo of Roasted Red Peppers
1 hr 20 mins
I'm very happy that this, orignally Italian, recipe which has traveled here in Europe through several countries and cookbooks has made it into our kitchens. An excellent starter, side, lunch or buffet dish. They should be served warm but we like them just as much cold!When you serve this as a single dish, have a nice Italian bread with it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the peppers in half, remove the seeds but leave the stalks on[decorative] Lay the peppers in a shallow 16 x 12 roasting-tray wich is lightly oiled.
- 2Cut the tomatoes in quarters and put 2 in each pepper half.
- 3Cut up one anchovy fillet per pepper[use scissors]and add to the tomatoes.
- 4Peel the garlic, slice or chop very finely,and divide over the peppers.
- 5Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil over each pepper.
- 6Season with the black pepper.
- 7Place the tray in a 350F preheated oven on a high shelf, for 50 to 60 minutes, the edges should be browned by then.
- 8Transfer your peppers to a serving dish, don"t leave the juices in the roasting-dish but pour them over the peppers.
- 9Serve with basil leaves scattered over them.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Red Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.1
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 6.8 mg
- Sodium 303.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 5.1 g