Sweet peppers that are sweet as candy. Serve with any type of fresh bread. Double recipe--you'll want to.
- Quarter and clean pith from red peppers.
- Spray skin side with olive oil mist.
- Roast peppers under broiler 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally until skins are black.
- Put peppers in a paper bag until cool.
- Peel skins, (do not wash peppers) and put in a bowl.
- Add smashed garlic clove, oil and vinegar.
- Salt& pepper to taste.
- Cover and let marinate at room temperature for 2 hours.
- These can be made and stored in the fridge for a week. If the the oil creates a covering, simply microwave for 30 seconds. Best served at room temperature.
Awesome recipe! Also my first attempt at roasting peppers, so I was a little nervous! But they came out delicious! Followed recipe as is. Husband & I fought over portions!
I made a full recipe and it was very easy to do. I hadn't done this before so it was an adventure. I always wondered if I could do it. I will be using them in the near future.
I needed instructions to roast my peppers, this was perfect-I used newmans own balsamic vinagerette to marinate, but even without it they taste amazing, thank you!