1/1 Photo of Roasted Red Peppers
Jim Mathers I's Note:
Sweet peppers that are sweet as candy. Serve with any type of fresh bread. Double recipe--you'll want to.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Quarter and clean pith from red peppers.
- 2Spray skin side with olive oil mist.
- 3Roast peppers under broiler 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally until skins are black.
- 4Put peppers in a paper bag until cool.
- 5Peel skins, (do not wash peppers) and put in a bowl.
- 6Add smashed garlic clove, oil and vinegar.
- 7Salt& pepper to taste.
- 8Cover and let marinate at room temperature for 2 hours.
- 9These can be made and stored in the fridge for a week. If the the oil creates a covering, simply microwave for 30 seconds. Best served at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Red Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.6
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g