Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great as a dip for vegetables, shrimp, or even as a spread on a sandwich wrap. From Cooking Healthy Across America
- 1 red bell pepper, halved, cored, and seeded
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 ounces reduced-fat neufchatel cheese, softened
- Broil the peppers, cut side down for 5 minutes. Turn over and repeat.
- Place broiled peppers in a paper bag for 10 minutes.
- Peel the cooled peppers and coarsely chop.
- Mix water and wasabi and set aside for 10 minutes to rehyrdrate.
- Place peppers and garlic into food processor and puree for 2 minutes.
- Add the sour cream, mayo, cheese, and wasabi and puree again for 2 more minutes or until mixture is smooth.
This was a GREAT sandwich spread!! We catered our baby's baptism ourselves, and decided to go with "build your own sandwich." This sauce was mild but interesting, with the surprising wasabi kick. We didn't use the cheese, but it was fine. Thanks Topher!
I used peppers from a jar to speed up the preparation of this. We all agreed that it had a nice taste, but we couldn't taste any wasabi at all, which is what enticed us into trying this recipe. I'm not sure if wasabi powder can get 'old' - if so, maybe that was my problem.