Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe came in a life insurance flyer.
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped roasted red pepper, drained (from a 7 oz jar)
- 1 slice sandwich bread, torn in pieces
- 1 medium garlic clove, mashed to a paste with 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Blend together walnuts, roasted red peppers,garlic paste, lemon juice, cumin and cayenne in a food processor.
- until smooth as possible.
- about 1 minute.
- with motor running, add oil in slow motion.
- until combined well.
- season to taste with salt and additional lemon juice, cayenne pepper and minced garlic.