Recipe by Manda C
Warm,creamy, and perfect for cold weather! Also a great way to get veggies into your meal, even if you don't like some of them!
Top Review by RitaBean
I made this a few weeks ago & have been meaning to come back & rate it. This is a delightful soup! I added a little salt, some crushed red pepper flakes & basil (stopped at 4 c chicken stock) & served this with broiled cheese melted on garlic ciabatti bread type sandwiches. It was a very yummy meal! Thank-you for sharing this recipe!
- 1 yellow onion, Finely Chopped
- 3 celery ribs, Finely Chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, Finely Minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 whole roasted red pepper, Peeled, Seeded, and Sliced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 cups chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large stock pot, melt 3 tbsp of butter. Add onion, celery, and garlic. Over medium heat, cook till soft and translucent.
- Add tomatoes (in juice)and roasted red pepper, bring to boil, reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.(If too much liquid is absorbed, add 1/2 cup of chicken stock.).
- Add stock and whipping cream, stir to combine.
- In small increments, puree till mostly smooth. In another pot, place pureed soup and heat on low till all of the mixture has been pureed. Or, if you want to keep it to one dish, place pureed soup in original pot.
- Enjoy! This soup freezes well, so feel free to double the recipe for another night! We like to top with croutons!