Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
When the occasion calls for a sophisticated sandwich, simply layer roasted red peppers, olive paste, goat cheese and peppery arugula on a crusty baguette. Found it when I was rummaging through some "old" recipes in EatingWell Magazine, January/February 1998. We enjoyed them thoroughly!
- 12 ounces roasted red peppers, rinsed (a 12 oz jar)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 -2 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 baguette (sliced in half horizantally)
- 3 tablespoons olives, paste (olivada)
- 4 ounces creamy goat cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups arugula leaves
- Combine peppers, garlic, vinegar, oi, & crushed red pepper flakes (if using) in a small bowl; toss to combine & season with salt and pepper.
- Slice baguette in half lengthwise.
- Spread one half with olive paste and the other half with goat cheese.
- Layer pepper mixture and arugula over olive paste.
- Top with remaining baguette.
- Cut across into 4 pieces.
- * Make Ahead Tip:: Wrap in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator or in a cooler with a cold pack for up to 8 hours.
This was pretty good! It seemed like it was missing something, so I made a note to add grilled portabello mushroom strips to these next time. I will most likely make these again, as it's not your normal, boring vegie sub!