When the occasion calls for a sophisticated sandwich, simply layer roasted red peppers, olive paste, goat cheese and peppery arugula on a crusty baguette. Found it when I was rummaging through some "old" recipes in EatingWell Magazine, January/February 1998. We enjoyed them thoroughly!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces roasted red peppers, rinsed (a 12 oz jar)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 -2 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 baguette (sliced in half horizantally)
- 3 tablespoons olives, paste (olivada)
- 4 ounces creamy goat cheese
- 1 1/2 cups arugula leaves
- 1Combine peppers, garlic, vinegar, oi, & crushed red pepper flakes (if using) in a small bowl; toss to combine & season with salt and pepper.
- 2Slice baguette in half lengthwise.
- 3Spread one half with olive paste and the other half with goat cheese.
- 4Layer pepper mixture and arugula over olive paste.
- 5Top with remaining baguette.
- 6Cut across into 4 pieces.
- 7* Make Ahead Tip:: Wrap in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator or in a cooler with a cold pack for up to 8 hours.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Red Pepper Subs
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.4
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 2096.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 17.0 g