Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cooking Light 2005
Make and share this Roasted Red Pepper Spread Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped seeded cucumber
- 1 (7 ounce) bottle roasted red peppers, drained and finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup about 3 ounces block-style fat free cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons minced red onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- whole-grain bread
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- Spread cucumber and bell peppers onto several layers of heavy-duty paper towels; let stand 5 minutes to drain excess moisture.
- Scrape into a medium bowl using a rubber spatula. Add the cheeses, onion, salt, and garlic; stir with a fork until well blended.
- Spread about 1/2 cup cheese mixture over 4 bread slices; top each serving with 2 lettuce leaves and 1 bread slice.