Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you like pimiento cheese, you'll enjoy this recipe. Keep the sandwiches well chilled so the cream cheese spread will remain firm. Sturdy, whole-grain bread works best, but a good rye would also be good. You could certainly use the full-fat cheeses. The time for draining the peppers and cucumber is noted in the prep. time. Source:Internet
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, seeded, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) bottle roasted red peppers, drained and finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup about 3 oz. block-style fat free cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons minced red onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 slices whole-grain bread (1 1/2-oz.)
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- Spread cucumber and bell peppers onto several layers of heavy-duty paper towels; let stand 5 minutes to drain excess moisture. Scrape into a medium bowl using a rubber spatula.
- Add the cheeses, onion, salt, and garlic; stir with a fork until well blended. Spread about 1/2 cup cheese mixture over 4 bread slices; top each serving with 2 lettuce leaves and 1 bread slice.