This is a restaurant quality soup - will not fail to please. Fantastic colour and taste.......... I haven't seen it in any cookbook (although I am sure it does exist somewhere). I was given it by a lady that runs a restaurant here on the Isle of Man called 'Indigo Red'.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Start by melting the olive oil and cooking the finely chopped onion over a low heat with the basil. Important that it doesn't take any colour. After a couple of minutes I usually add a little water then turn down the heat, cover with a lid and leave to 'sweat' for 5 minutes.
- 2When the onion is translucent add the tinned tomatoes. Please don't skimp when you buy your tinned tomatoes - you get what you pay for - the cherry tomatoes have an even more intense flavour. 3 large tins is exactly the right amount.
- 3At the same time add the red peppers. Drain them first. Simmer, covered for about 10 minutes. You can, if you wish, use fresh peppers but you will need to burn the skins and de-seed (you would need 4 large fresh red peppers - no other colour works). The ready prepared variety are much easier and there is no loss of flavour. I buy mine in a jar - they have been charred and the skin removed and are with brine/vinegar.
- 4Allow the soup to cool a little. Add the sweet chilli sauce - I usually add a good 'glug' - if I had to give a quantity I would say around 4 tbs - but to your taste. Dont miss it out though as it doesn't taste the same without it.
- 5Liquidise the soup, adding the feta cheese which you should cut into small cubes.
- 6Reheat to serve but don't let it boil. The flavour is so intense it is perfect as it is but, for a dinner party, you could crumble some extra feta on the top and add a bit of basil.
- 7A crowd pleaser and always sure to impress.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Red Pepper Soup With Tomato & Feta
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.2
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 27.8 mg
- Sodium 733.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
marinated roasted red peppers