Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A fantastic way to use jarred peppers. Bon Appétit, Every-Night Cooking, February 2006
Make and share this Roasted Red Pepper Soup With Orange Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 158.51 ml sliced shallot
- 425.24 g jar roasted red peppers, packed in water
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 473.18 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 236.59 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 118.29 ml orange juice
- 29.58 ml whipping cream
- 3.69 ml orange zest
- fresh basil leaf, thinly sliced
- Heat oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add red peppers with their liquid.
- Stir in sugar; sauté 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups broth and simmer 5 minutes.
- Cool soup slightly.
- Working in batches, puree soup in blender. Return soup to pan.
- Bring to simmer; stir in orange juice.
- Thin soup with additional broth, if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk whipping cream and orange peel in small bowl until slightly thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls.
- Drizzle orange cream over.
- Sprinkle with basil and serve.
Delicious! I skipped the oil and used a bit of cream cheese melted in place of the whipping cream. This was so light and delicious, and so healthy. Thanks!