1/1 Photo of Roasted Red Pepper Soup With Orange Cream
Nana Lee's Note:
A fantastic way to use jarred peppers. Bon Appétit, Every-Night Cooking, February 2006
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add shallots and sauté 5 minutes.
- 3Add red peppers with their liquid.
- 4Stir in sugar; sauté 2 minutes.
- 5Add 2 cups broth and simmer 5 minutes.
- 6Cool soup slightly.
- 7Working in batches, puree soup in blender. Return soup to pan.
- 8Bring to simmer; stir in orange juice.
- 9Thin soup with additional broth, if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
- 10Whisk whipping cream and orange peel in small bowl until slightly thickened.
- 11Season with salt and pepper.
- 12Ladle soup into bowls.
- 13Drizzle orange cream over.
- 14Sprinkle with basil and serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Red Pepper Soup With Orange Cream
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.2
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.2 mg
- Sodium 1515.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 5.4 g