This is a sweet and savory red pepper soup that features red onions and balsamic vinegar, along with easy to use bottled red peppers. I adapted this from a sauce recipe that I often use on chicken and pasta meals. If you want to make something more indulgent, replace the skim milk with half and half or heavy cream. Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the olive oil in a skillet or saucepan on medium high heat.
- 2Add the onions and cook about 8 minutes or until completely soft and cooked through.
- 3Add the red pepper and cook until warm then add the balsamic vinegar and let simmer for 1 minute.
- 4Remove the pan from the cooktop and allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
- 5While the onions and peppers are cooling, mix the milk, tomato paste and chili sauce in a separate bowl and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- 6Pour the red pepper onion mixture into a blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- 7Pour the red pepper mixture back into the pan and heat until warm.
- 8Slowly pour the milk mixture into the pan and whisk until completely blended.
- 9Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes. remove from heat, cool slightly and serve!
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Red Pepper Soup (Weight Watcher Core Friendly!)
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.9
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 2.4 mg
- Sodium 1204.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: