Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Cooking Light-
Make and share this Roasted Red Pepper Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 8 red bell peppers, about 2 3/4 lb
- 5 black peppercorns
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Flatten with hand. Broil 15 minor til blackened. Place in a ziplok bag and seal. Let stand 15 minute Peel and chop.
- Place peppercorns, thyme, and bay leaf on a double layer of cheesecloth. Gather edges and tie securely.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 15 min or til onion is lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add bell peppers, cheesecloth bag, broth, vinegar, and hot sauce to pan. Increase heat to med-high and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer and cook 20 minute Remove and discard cheesecloth; stir in salt and pepper, you may need more salt and pepper and additional hot sauce to bring the taste to your liking.
- Puree in batches in blender or use immersion blender. Sprinkle with chives.