Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
We made this for guests on the weekend with wild acclaim. It is delicious...
- 8 red peppers
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb cheese tortellini
- 12 black olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4 cup basil leaves, sliced into strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced hard goat cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- crusty bread
- Slice the red peppers into quarters.
- Roast the red peppers in the oven under the grill, skin side up.
- After the peppers have blackened, remove them from the oven and place them in a paper bag to cool.
- The steam will cause the skin to lift off more easily.
- After the peppers have cooled, remove the skin.
- Put the peppers and the clove of garlic in a food processor and"cream" them until the sauce is quite fluid.
- Put the pepper mixture and the cup of wine in a pan on high heat.
- Once this mixture starts to boil, reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer for about 30-50 minutes, until it has reduced to about half.
- Boil water for the tortellini and cook til al dente, drain.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, sugar, and black pepper to the mixture.
- (Add more lemon juice if you want the sauce to be tangier).
- Bring the pepper mixture to a boil and add olives.
- Cook for 30 seconds or so.
- Stir in the basil.
- Add the sauce to the drained tortellini.
- To serve, place tortellini on a plate, and sprinkle the goat's cheese strips over it.
- Sprinkle parmesan over it.
- Serve with crusty bread to mop up the juice, and savor!
This is lovely! I added grilled chicken breasts sliced on the top for a bit more protein. Also great with grilled shrimp or scallops!