Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Also good on grilled fish and grilled chicken. Different from those posted here already and easy, made with ingredients you probably keep on hand: jar roasted red peppers, garlic cloves, olive oil, lemon juice, red pepper sauce, mayo and salt and pepper. You can use low fat mayo to cut calories. For about 10 crab cakes, using 1 lb. crab, you may want to make half the recipe. We had a lot left over.
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 dash red pepper sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients, except for the mayonnaise, salt and pepper, in a the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add mayonnaise and process until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Just like the one served at a high end seafood restaurant in my area. Definitely something to impress your guests and/or your your taste buds. Thank you.
This is the perfect roastd red pepper sauce! I added a little bit more heat than a dash but that is the only thing I changed. It was the highlight of our meal and we also loved using it as a dipping sauce for our french fries. We cut the recipe in half and it still made a ton! Thanks so much for posting!!