Recipe by CountryLady
A lighter version that I got from my daughter! Serve over your favourite pasta with a side salad.
Top Review by marthabiddle
I love this! I didn't have enough red peppers to follow the recipe properly, so I used one red pepper and about 5 large carrots and roasted them all together. I also added a splash of heavy cream and about a cup of white wine. Absolutely delicious.
- 4 red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425F& lightly coat a roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Place whole peppers on the pan& roast, turning once, for about 20 minutes or until the peppers start to blister& burn.
- Remove from oven& allow to cool; cut each pepper in half, remove the stem, seeds& pith.
- Heat oil in saute pan; saute garlic& onion until the onion is translucent, about 3- 5 minutes.
- Add the roasted peppers& broth; bring to a boil, lower heat& simmer for 10- 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat& carefully puree in a blender.
- Season to taste& pour over your favourite pasta.