Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple creamy roasted red pepper sauce tastes great over any pasta!
- 12 ounces roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons butter
- In a skillet, cook and stir the onion, garlic, and red peppers (2-3 red pepper) in 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Place mixture in blender (careful it is hot), and puree to desired consistency. Return puree to skillet, and reheat to a boil. Stir in the milk, flour (wondra or cornstarch would work too) and cheese. Cook and stir until the cheese melts. Add the butter, and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 5 minutes. Pour over favorite pasta and serve.