Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I came up with this one day when looking to "jazz up" a grilled chicken sandwich. Adjust seasonings to your own taste, use more mayo, fresh basil, whatever strikes your fancy. Its easy and you can use low fat mayo too!
- 1 roasted red pepper, cut into chunks
- 2 -3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- dried basil, to taste
- salt and pepper
- 1 green onion, minced
- If using a jarred pepper, dry well.
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor (I sometimes just place it in a deep bowl and use my wand mixer).
- Process until well blended.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before using.
This was very good. I think the flavors of the roasted red pepper with the basil and garlic were terrific together. It was really a breeze to make. I used Light Hellman's and used it with some leftover roasted chicken. Oh yes, I even used fresh basil from my newly planted herb garden. I will definately use this recipe again. Thanks for "making it up"!! :-)
I gave this a poor rating because I used canned red pepper. One, that is all I had, and two, you gave it as an option. I did dry it well as you suggested, but I did not like the results. The spread was very loose. However, I will try this with a fresh red pepper and see how it tastes and will review again.
This was delicious! I left out the onion cause I didn't have any, and I think I'll leave it out in the future. It was wonderful, and the raw garlic really gave it a punch.