Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe that a chef I used to work with used to serve over spicy crab cakes.This recipe should be served like an aioli,cold due to the raw eggs. If you like it a little spicier you can add some diced jalapeno while pureeing.
- 2 large red peppers
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon jabanero vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups olive oil
- Roast the peppers on the grill or in the oven.
- Peel and cool.
- Puree the peppers in the food processor till smooth.
- In food processor puree the egg yolks till they thicken and turn pale, as you would when making a mayonaise or aioli.
- Add anchiovies, capers,dijon,vinegar,lemon juice,and salt and pepper.
- Add the roasted red pepper puree and blend.
- While processor is running slowly drizzle in the olive oil till everything has immulsified and thickened.
- Refridgerate till use.