Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Posted for a recipe request.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 green tomatoes or 2 tomatillos, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 450°F
- Prick bell peppers in several places with fork.
- Place on baking sheet or in shallow roasting pan.
- Roast peppers 30 minutes or until skin is blackened, turning occasionally.
- Transfer peppers to paper bag; close bag. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine green and red tomatoes and onion in medium bowl.
- Stir in oil, vinegar, cilantro, and salt.
- Remove peppers from bag; peel off and discard skin.
- Cut peppers into 1/2 inch pieces; discard seeds.
- Stir into tomato mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.