Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very flavorful appetizer that looks absolutely beautiful!
- 1 baguette, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 roasted red peppers, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush lightly on both sides with the 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Lightly toast both sides of bread in oven.
- While the crostini are still warm, rub the top of each one with 1 of the garlic cloves. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the red peppers, the remaining garlic clove, the almonds, cheese, 3 Tbs. of the parsley, the lemon juice, the 2 teaspoons olive oil and the cayenne pepper. Pulse until a coarse puree forms. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Place the crostini in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Spread about 2 teaspoons of the goat cheese on each crostini.
- Bake until the cheese is slightly soft and the crostini are warm, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a platter and top each with about 1 Tbs. of the red pepper pesto.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 Tbs. parsley.
Beautiful is right! So pretty and tasty too! I halved the recipe easily and enjoyed the fresh flavor! Thank you! Made for the Please Review My Recipe game.