Recipe by bert
Make this after a busy day because it can be done in a jiffy. The spinach gives it a hit of colour. Sprinkle it with parmesan, if you like.
Top Review by MelissaO'
I really liked it, but my husband is more of a meat and potato type, so he wasn't impressed. I served it with broccoli and salad to round out the meal and made it with whole wheat pasta. I also omitted the olive oil and just used canola oil spray on my pan. A third of the recipe with pasta came in under 300 calories! Yummy - thanks for the recipe!
- 4 cups fusilli
- 1⁄2 package spinach, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 (313 ml) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes until tender but firm.
- Add spinach; drain and return to pot.
- Puree red peppers in food processor and set aside.
- In saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook garlic and oregano for 30 seconds.
- Add pepper puree; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, salt& pepper.
- Heat through.
- Add to pasta mixture; toss to coat.