Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy and fast recipe.There is no need to get out another saucepan if you make this no-cook sauce. It is vegetarian but can be made for meat eaters by simply adding some rotisserie chicken from the deli. Serve with crsipy, warm Italian bread and a salad of greens.
- 1 cup bottled roasted red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 2 cups pasta, of choice, cooked according to pkg directions
- 2 tablespoons freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Place first five ingredients in food processor.
- Pulse 15-20 seconds or until mixture is smooth.
- Place hot pasta in serving bowl and toss with red pepper mixture, and pine nuts.
- Top with shredded Parmesan.
This is awesome! 10 minutes is right - you whip up the sauce in less than the time it takes you to get water boiling and boil the pasta. I added fresh parley to the sauce and threw in some carmelized onions while I was tossing the pasta and sauce together....and sprinkled on red pepper flakes before serving for some zing. This could be modified a lot of different ways - thanks for posting!