1/1 Photo of Roasted Red Pepper Hummus (Tahini-Free)
I love hummus - but I hate paying for it at the store because I know how cheap the actual ingredients are, so I started to make it myself! I never have tahini on hand, so I do without. Makes the perfect snack at work along with some carrots, sugar snap peas, and cucumbers! I never measure the spices, so below are approximations. **You can also use dried/cooked chickpeas instead of canned.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain both cans of chick peas, reserving the liquid from one of the cans.
- 2Add both cans of beans to food processor along with 1-2 cloves of peeled garlic (no need to chop, the food processor will take care of that!), about half a jar of roasted red peppers in water (also add a bit of the liquid if you'd like to boost the pepper flavor), juice from 1/2 lemon, cumin, chili powder, and some salt.
- 3Drizzle in olive oil (I usually use do one turn of the food processor, approximately 1 TBSP).
- 4Blend for about 30 seconds. Add some of the chickpea liquid if needed to get the right consistency.
- 5Continue to blend until smooth and creamy, scraping the sides and adding more liquid as needed.
- 6Enjoy with your favorite veggies or pita chips. My favorites are carrots, cucumber slices, sugar snap peas, and red bell peppers!
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Red Pepper Hummus (Tahini-Free)
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.0
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 722.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 8.9 g