1/2 Photos of Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
This recipe is inspired by some of the hummus recipes found right here at Recipezaar. We loved the Spicy Garlic Hummus by kburie and adapted it to suit our own tastes. Thanks also goes to Becka for her Homemade Tahini!. If you like roasted red peppers then this one's for you! Note: We like to put the hummus into 3 separate covered dishes so we can quickly & easily serve it as an appetizer along with raw veggies, pita wedges or crackers. This keeps it fresh and readily available for when we have guests over or a sudden hummus craving!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons water, as needed
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 ounces roasted red peppers (about 1/2 pepper)
- 1Place all ingredients except the roasted red pepper in a food processor.
- 2Process until beans are fairly well chopped, about 2-3 minutes, scraping sides every minute or so to ensure all the spices get included.
- 3Coarsely chop the roasted red pepper and add to bean mixture. Process an additional 2-3 minutes depending on how creamy you like it.
- 4Place in a glass container and cover tightly.
- 5Refrigerate several hours to allow the flavors to develop.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.7
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 691.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 5.7 g