Recipe by MacChef
A delicious version of a classic made healthier by using chicken broth in place of olive oil. However sub oil for broth if you wish. Serve with pita chips made by cutting pita pockets into eighths. Split each eighth in half, spray with olive oil cooking spray, sprinkle with oregano or greek seasoning and toast for 7 minutes at 425 degrees.
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 medium lemon
- 1⁄4 cup tahini paste
- 4 -5 slices roasted red peppers, from jar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fat free chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor combine all ingredients except lemon and chicken broth. Pulse to begin mixing.
- Add the juice of the lemon and some of broth and mix again. Use additional broth to get desired consistentcy.
- This can be made completely vegitarian by using vegetable broth in place of chicken.